More from Bernwood
I managed another trip to Bernwood for fungi this week, and came away with a greater variety of species than before, though many I cannot currently ID (even with two field-guides…!)
On this occasion the light was at times bright with direct raking sunlight, so shooting stacks was tricky and at times frustrating. No rain meant that I added my own water with a hand-sprayer from the garden centre. I’m still experimenting with water effects, and am only at an early stage, but I’m happy currently to play around with different polarization effects on the fungi caps with the added sheen provided by the water.
My favourite spot in the extensive woodland is a patch of beech wood, which provides wonderful backgrounds (though you have to be careful to control the colours with the polarizer – once again, I wouldn’t now even contemplate macro shots in these conditions without one).
Shot 1 – some kind of Mycena species, I think.
Stack of 7 frames, DX-crop
ISO 100 1/8 f/5.6
Stack of 4 frames
ISO 100 0.4″ f/5.6
Shot 3 – Jelly Ear
Stack of 3 frames
ISO 100 0.3″ f/13